Your KEY to a Successful Home Purchase
Selecting a New Hampshire, Massachusetts, or Maine real estate professional to work with from the initial home search to moving day begins the home buying process. In looking for an agent to assist you in your search of real estate, consider the following:
- Availability: How available is the agent if you need to contact them? What methods of communication will be used and how frequently will the agent check in with you, email, text message, snail mail? Make sure you cover it with your real estate professional.
- Knowledge: Does the agent or company have local area knowledge of where you are looking to buy real estate? Do you require an agent with specific property experience, such as historic homes, condos, land or new construction? Is the agent a member of the National Association of REALTORS®?
- Tools: Does the agent (or company) offer you tools to make the search easier? Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty has tools to help you sort all the Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire real estate offerings by price, beds, baths, special features, etc.
- One Stop Shopping: Can you get all the real estate services you need in one place: mortgage services, title services, and relocation assistance?
1. Initial Consultation
- Understanding your needs and expectations
- New Hampshire Real Estate Commission
- Choices in agency relationships
- Facilitator vs. Buyer Agent
- My role as your sales professional
2. Home Search Plan
- Choosing the right community for you
- Finding the right style of home
- Listing preferences
- Wants vs. needs
3. Mortgage & Financing
- Mortage basics
- Pre-qualification vs. Pre-approval
- Your home financing strategy
- Criteria for choosing the right mortgage for you
4. Offers & Agreements
- Preparing and submitting an offer
- Forms, agreements, and disclosures
5. Preclosing & Settling
- Completing the process
- A smooth transition into your new home
If you are considering a move to New Hampshire, Massachusetts, or Maine and want to learn more about schools, communities or amenities we can help. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty provides full-service Certified Relocation Agents who understand relocating buyers' unique needs and requirements. Please visit our Relocation Services section to learn more about Relocating to New Hampshire, Massachusetts or Maine.